Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Jeremiah 29:11
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Proverbs 3:5
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
6 Seek his will in all you do,
and he will show you which path to take.

Psalms 62:7
7 My victory and honor come from God alone.
He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me.

Mark 10:27
27 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.”

1 Corinthians 10:31
31 So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

It’s so easy to read these versus and understand from scripture that God has a very distinct purpose and plans for each and every one of us…..it’s just… sometimes hard to swallow. Especially when they aren’t the plans that you had. Friends, my prayer is that we can truly experience what God has vested out for our family. There is incredible things happening day in and day out for us in that NONE of which would be possible without constant prayer from family and friends. So THANK YOU. Your prayers are all that’s left of a once brilliant bouquet of earthly hopes and dreams…now shattered by reality, fear, and desire. Our plans for adoption have been ‘interrupted.’ As hard as it is to swallow and sit here and describe the painful facts of the matter, I humbly quiver in prayerful belief and trust that GOD is SO much bigger than the hopes and dreams that we make up. And He desperately seeks out a way to get through to me, telling me just that “11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” I KNOW this….I’ve heard it millions of times but my faith seems weak as my family mourns the sudden bereavement of an adoption process that’s swept out from under us like a gust of wind that snares that finalized document from the tips of your fingertips just as you were about to hand deliver it….only to fall in the puddle….soaking, drenching and stained.
I CAN move on with happiness….content and trust. How...why? Because I believe in Jesus Christ…..I believe that God can work through me and my family and conquer ANY animosity that soaks into the cracks of our lives. I believe and know deep within my heart of hearts that someday, maybe not now….maybe not even in ten years….but someday God will deliver a beautiful child into our lives and we will be SO blessed...beyond comprehension and the joy will pour through our spirits filling our heart, our home, and our lives with love.
Or maybe not. And I’m ok with that friends. I’m here for God and I want God to use me….wait, let me rephrase that…I hope with EVERY beating vessel in my heart that God will use me for his greater plan that he has for me. And that makes me smile.
I just wanted to take a moment and thank each and every one of you for it was through all your financial support, prayers, and constant fellowship that we were able to be blessed with the opportunity to enter the adoption process. And it’s through Gods grace that we now have to wait for another time to possibly adopt a child. So THANK you so much from the bottom of my heart. Please keep me and my family in your prayers. God bless you all.

2 comments:

  1. Thank-you Chris for posting these words on the blog. I appreciate your thoughtfulness is writing this post.
    Erin Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin-I can't wait to see how the rest of your story unfolds. Praying for courage and strength through this difficult time. What a testimony of your faithfulness and trust in Him and His timing.

    ReplyDelete