Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My Wall Of Blessings



When I was pregnant with Lillian I decided to paint blocks that spelled out her name. I love painting and the process helped me to prepare for the new adventure of mommy hood. A few weeks ago I was feeling discouraged about the adoption process and decided that painting blocks might be uplifting again. Like many of my other art projects, painting blocks for our adoption took on a deeper meaning. I now have a “wall of blessings” in our kitchen. Every time I look at it (which is almost all day long) I am filled with a thankful heart and overwhelmed by God’s provision. All of your prayers and financial pledges are on my “wall of blessings.” I am absolutely amazed by the generosity of our friends and family. There are not enough words to express my thankfulness. Your support is the greatest gift you could give our family!!!

Thank-you to a family at our church who literally receives every fundraising request for the events in the church and still gives! You are incredibly generous.
Thank-you to a special aunt who words of encouragement came at just the right time. You have always been someone I admire and appreciate your prayers and financial support.
Thank you to a poor college student who gave more than most people with established jobs. Your generosity speaks volumes! I am thankful for you in my life.
Thank-you to some high school friends who have always been loving and thoughtful. Your support over the years has helped give us confidence to move forward in this process. Thank-you for your generosity.
Thank-you to a kind woman in my yoga class. I am amazed by the range of people who donate to our cause. Your support was a surprise and blessed my day. Thank-you.
Thank-you to everyone! You know who you are! I am deeply humbled by your support! I am going to pick up another ribbon today … we have filled six feet of ribbon with kind words, prayer pledges and financial support.
Thank-you!

1 comment:

  1. Love this idea! I might have to do something like this too!

    ReplyDelete